Monday, August 23, 2010

Conversations with a Two Year Old

*Thursday, August 19, 2010
Lila: I like Santa. He brings me presents
Me: Well, he only brings presents if you are good. What kind of presents do you think he might bring you?
Lila: White or pink ones
Me: Oh, the presents are wrapped in paper?
Lila: Yeah
Me: What kinds of gifts do you want to be in the wrapped present boxes?
Lila: Brown ones

*Friday, August 20, 2010
Me: Did you have a party at school today? (end of summer party)
Lila: It was a big party. There was lots of stuff. It was good, but no cake

*Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Lila walks in the door.
Lila: Mommy, why you have on tights and a dress?
Me: It's a shirt and leggings...do you like it?
Lila: No. (pointing at my toes) Oooh!
Me: I painted my toenails today.
Lila: My toes are a mess. I got to do something with them (What!!?  Is she really my kid?)

She proceeded to the bathroom, and got out her nail polish, and had to do all of her nails "by myself". So, I let her (I stayed close to make sure she didn't spill the polish on my floor).
First, the fingernails...
Then, the toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment