Monday, January 17, 2011

Deep Thoughts...

(Who remembers the Deep Thoughts segment on Saturday Night Live?)
My daughter had one of her "I am going to do everything in my power to avoid going to sleep" nights last night.  After about 2 hours of listening to her whine, I go in her room...

Me:  What is going on?
L:  My knee hurts
Me:  Why?
L:  I was in a swimming pool, but it didn't have water, and I sprained it   (What????)

So, I told her I was going to rock her for a couple minutes.  I thought she was asleep, and then she pops up with this.

L:  Did you know that Dolphins are nice to people?
(At this point, I am not responding because I do not want to egg her on)
L:  Dolphins and Orca Whales are nice, but sometimes they get water in your car.
pause
L:  Sharks are not nice...they growl at you.
pause
L:  Probably baby sharks are nice.
pause
L:  But, whales are not supposed to go in the car.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds just like both of my kids...random & hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete