Last Friday, we attended a program at Lila's school to celebrate the end of the school year, and showcase the accomplishments the kids have made this year. We have loved all Lila's teachers since she has been at the school (since 4 months old), and this year was no exception. Melissa and Janet took all the kids to the Cedar Park library every other Monday, had a Chinese New Year parade complete with paper lanterns and dragons, had picnics, dug up worms and always had the classroom decorated to the hilt for whatever theme they were learning about. Lila learned so much this year; she knows how to write, count to 30, and is beginning to sound out words. The theme for her class was building self confidence, and they did so many neat art projects, and you know we are big fans of arts and crafts.
During the program, they sang "My Country 'tis of Thee", recited the Pledge of Allegiance and the Texas Pledge and sang their class theme song, and we watched a slideshow of pictures from throughout the school year.
this was her picture of the slideshow
with her friends Jayden and Charli
Sitting with Michelle and Charli
Theme song:
If what I am is what's in me
I'll stay strong, that's who I'll be.
I will always be the best me that I can be.
There's only one me, I admit
I have a dream, I'll follow it
it's up to me to try...
Oh, I keep my head up high.
Keep on reaching high
never gonna quit
I'll keep getting stronger
Nothing's gonna bring me down
Never gonna stop, gotta go
'cause I know I'll keep getting stronger.
What I am is helpful
What I am is musical
What I am is smart
What I am is brave
What I am is helpful
What I am is special
There's nothing I can't achieve
because in myself I believe.
I'll keep my head up high.
Keep on reaching high
Never stop, gotta go
'cause I know, I'll keep getting stronger
with her friends Jayden and Charli
Sitting with Michelle and Charli
Theme song:
If what I am is what's in me
I'll stay strong, that's who I'll be.
I will always be the best me that I can be.
There's only one me, I admit
I have a dream, I'll follow it
it's up to me to try...
Oh, I keep my head up high.
Keep on reaching high
never gonna quit
I'll keep getting stronger
Nothing's gonna bring me down
Never gonna stop, gotta go
'cause I know I'll keep getting stronger.
What I am is helpful
What I am is musical
What I am is smart
What I am is brave
What I am is helpful
What I am is special
There's nothing I can't achieve
because in myself I believe.
I'll keep my head up high.
Keep on reaching high
Never stop, gotta go
'cause I know, I'll keep getting stronger

No comments:
Post a Comment