Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dream Come True...

This year, we were so excited for the Olympics.  Lila was at that age where she was able to catch that certain Olympic "magic", just like I did about Mary Lou all those years ago.  We started watching the Olympic trials when they were on...I guess I took for granted that she would fall in love with gymnastics, just like I did when I was a kid.  She did like the gymnastics, but she loved track and field, and she loved this lady, Sanya Richards-Ross
If she was on TV, Lila was there.  And she would remind me all day that "Sanya" was going to run.

This morning, I took Lila to the Co-op to meet Sanya.  I didn't tell her ahead of time that Sanya was going to be there.  I was so excited to be able to spring it on her.  And, her reaction didn't disappoint.  She was so excited standing in line with her picture in her little hands; so careful not to bend it, getting a little antsy and just laughing out loud.  I thought that when it was her turn to meet her, Lila was probably get shy, but no way.  She marched up there and put her picture down.  Sanya looked at her and smiled and said, "you are sooo pretty", and Lila said "you are, too". 
Such a big day for the little bug.  

No comments:

Post a Comment