Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Baptism


Audrey and Landry were Baptized on October 13, 2012 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Hallettsville, TX.  
We chose to have them baptized there because there is a lot of history for me in that church and I always feel at home there.  This is the same church that my Mom, Dad, Aunt Jackie, Aunt Debbie, brother, sister, Lila and me were all baptized and married in.  
I wanted the girls to have something special so I decided to make their gowns, with a lot of help from Gran.  I love that I was able to find a pattern that looked a lot like the gown that Lila wore for her Baptism, which had been my mother's baptismal gown.
All the girls' baptisms have been an emotional time for me. There was a time not so very long ago when I didn't think I would have any children, much less three healthy, beautiful girls, and having all our family together to celebrate and bless our children is a very surreal thing for me.  
We are so fortunate to have such loving, supportive, and involved family and friends.  It is a great comfort to know that you always have someone to turn to.  Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for each of you.  We thank Jana and Natalie for being the Godmothers to all our girls, and Jackie and Freeman for hosting the lunch after the Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment