Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas 2012

I was very much looking forward to Christmas this past year.  Probably because last year I was very pregnant, and spent Christmas on my couch trying not to go into labor, and my participation in Christmas activities was minimal.  I knew it would be a crazy whirlwind, but I was determined to enjoy every bit of it.  
We woke up on Christmas Eve with a big surprise...Santa had come early!!!  He left a note saying he knew we would be getting up early on Christmas Day to leave town, so after the Trail of Lights closed the night before, he brought over our gifts, so we would have time to enjoy them.  
The little girls got Pillow Racers, and Crayola Wonder markers, and Lila got a pink "wild style" scooter, but I think her favorite gift was...
Furball the Furby.  In fact, I think the quote was, "your the best Mommy in the whole world".  That made standing in line (at HEB:  they ran them on sale for $20) for the annoying little thing worth it.
Also a favorite was her very own Guy Harvey fishing t-shirt
 The little girls loved their new smart phones,
and Landry had the best time putting this bow on the tree and then taking it off.
We had a great day relaxing at home and then it was off to Church and then to Gran's.
We were very excited because we got to meet our cousin Gracie for the first time.  Lila had been talking about playing with Gracie for days, and tracking their journey from Colorado to Texas.
Gran liked her wreath.  I was thrilled to give this to her.  I really like to give gifts; I totally look forward to seeing people open what I give them.  I was so excited to give that Furby and this wreath.
These guys had a great time handing out gifts, and they did a pretty good job reading the names on the tags.  I remember when I was a kid how thrilled I was to pass out the gifts

 A highlight was this Duck Dynasty wig that Scott gave Jai.  Everyone had a good time trying it on

Christmas morning we were on the road to Hallettsville.  I missed not being with family at all for any holidays last year.  Our holidays are so laid back; there is not one ounce of formality and anything/everything goes
 There was pyramid building...
 napping...
and skeet shooting (also some side betting on the skeet shooting).
Next, it was on to Nana's house for more opening
So, Natalie got a daschund necklace, a daschund Christmas tree skirt and a daschund golf club cover.  She's really young to be compared to the old crazy cat ladies, but just sayin' I think I know what her future holds.
So, it was a crazy whirlwind, but we are so blessed to have so much family to celebrate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment