I love the Oscars...I love the fashion and the glamour, and yes I sit and watch the Red Carpet for hours. This year, I put Lila's creativity and energy to good use. We talked about having an Oscar "party", which turned out to be just us...and we had a great time. Earlier that week, Lila asked me when I was going to take her shopping for an Oscar dress. I happened to have about 3 yards of sparkly fabric and an idea popped into my head of how to make a simple dress for her, and our "party" just took on a life of it's own
We came up with a menu: white cheese which Lila cut into "party squares" all by herself, and grapes
Rolled out the Red Carpet, and made some decorations
Did make-up...she already figured out that sitting in front of the windows gives the best light for make-up
had a photo shoot
Dad even got in on the action. Lila really wanted me to put on a dress, but her Dad sprung into action and went and put on one of his blazers and even found and Oscar for her
by the time the Oscars actually came on, Lila was asleep on the couch and this guy had taken over







No comments:
Post a Comment