Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pre-K Graduation

Lila's Pre-K graduation was on Friday, May 24th.
We started the day off with lunch at Subway, followed by mani/pedis with Charli and Michelle
Lila does not like anyone clipping her fingernails or toenails, so this was actually a little necessary.  She was excited to see Charli there, but when she realized that they were going to give her an actual pedicure, she told the lady, "I'm scared".
By the time we got home, it was time for a quick wardrobe change and off to the graduation ceremony.
Nana, Papa, Oomma, Oompa, Natalie and Jonathan, and Ms. Heidi all came to support our Lila Bug.
It was an over-the-top Pre-K graduation, complete with song and dance, caps and gowns, and it was fantastic!  The Pre-K teachers put in a lot of time planning and prepping, rehearsing and fundraising to be able to give the kids this spectacular event.  They are a fantastic group of ladies, and are so dedicated to not only giving these kids the highest quality education, but also to giving them a support system and great memories.  Lila's teacher told me that she starts planning at the beginning of school what kind of theme the graduation will be, so she can start putting together music, decorations, and clothing accessories because she has so much fun doing it.  I got emotional listening to the teachers talk about how hard it is for them to see the kids go after they have watched them grow up since they were babies.
 
After the ceremony, they had a reception and cakes with all the kids pictures on them
I cannot say enough good things about the teachers, owners, and staff at this school...we feel very blessed to have them in our childrens' lives.  Each and every one of them love their job and it shows.   When we first started there, all I cared about was that Lila was happy and felt loved there, just the way I did at Playtime Nursery and at Nonnie's all those years ago.  Mission Accomplished!   I have gained many valuable friends along the way, and learned so much from all the staff there (how to cure diaper rash, and how to make the perfect green beans.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment