Friday, January 24, 2014

Christmas Madness 2013

December 24th morning:  We woke up and opened gifts at home because I had to be on call for work that evening, and I wanted to make sure I got to enjoy watching the girls open their gifts.  Landry was all into opening presents.  Audrey just wanted to throw away the wrapping paper
 Lila became the proud owner of, what I think may be, the world's ugliest bike helmet
 That evening it was on to the Burlesons, where we were joined by more Burlesons for the first time.  Lila considers Ashton to be her personal playmate
 It was Baxter's first Christmas, and he looked very festive in his Christmas plaid collar
 By this time, Landry had figured out the gift thing, and she would open the present, and yell out "oh, thank you" and "so pretty" each time
 Audrey was over it, and she let Landry open her gifts and sat in a chair and played with her toys.
The girls were so excited to see Gracie.  When they came in, Audrey ran right up to her like she remembered who she was
 They had a good time showing Gracie all of Gran's Christmas toys
all the crew was there, and of course the house looked like Christmas magic
On Christmas morning, we woke up to find out Santa had been to visit 
Then, it was time to pack up and head to Hallettsville.
Of course, we can't forget to celebrate the birthdays, too.
Natalie and Aunt Debbie had fun making everybody pose for family photos.  It was actually a good idea, because I realized that we were all there and that may not happen again for a little while.  My Dad, Uncle Freeman and/or I, are sometimes missing due to work, and next year Michael will be joining the workforce of people who don't always get holidays off.
After a little tinkering with the camera, Shawn was able to figure out the timer setting so we could get a group shot
...and then we all started to fade a little
But, no rest for the weary...there was still more fun to be had at Nana's
And, another year of Christmas madness in the books.  I am tired just talking about it

No comments:

Post a Comment