We started Easter off with a couple craft projects (of course). First of all, my accomplice and I made a cute carrot tree we saw in Family Fun magazine. It turned out super cute and made the perfect Easter/Spring centerpiece.
Next we dyed Easter eggs. I have always loved dyeing Easter eggs, and the beautiful colors they turn out to be. This year, Lila was old enough to pretty much manage the eggs herself. She decided which colors to make and dropped the eggs in the dye cups. She would tell me how many minutes she wanted to leave each batch in the dye and I would set the timer for her, and then she would check her eggs. Most importantly, she was old enough to use the wire egg dipper that comes in the kit by herself. She did a great job.
Now onto Easter...we had a great Easter as always. We are hardly ever with Shawn's sister and her family on holidays but we are all usually together at Easter, and look forward to it every year. Our nephew Alex is already a teenager, and Abbi is such a sweet soul and budding artist, and no one can make me laugh like Aiden. They are growing into such great young people and we are very proud of them.
We woke up on Easter morning and found out the Easter Bunny had come to see us.
He brought all the girls swimsuits and hair bows and bubbles. Lila also got some new scissors and sidewalk chalk.
We did our traditional lunch at Pappasito's and then went to Gran's for the Easter Egg hunt.
During the weekend, Jana helped me stage a little photo shoot with the girls. I was very pleased with the pictures we got. Here are a few of my favorites



Toby and I are so blessed to have 6 beautiful Grandchildren and their wonderful parents! God has truly blessed us! We love you all.
ReplyDeleteGran & Toby
those pictures are so sweet. And I love the hair bows. Did you make those?
ReplyDelete