Saturday, July 7, 2012

June Recap

So much happened around here in June.  I was reminded over and over again how blessed I am to have such wonderful family and friends.  We had a lot of adventures, a lot of firsts, and a lot of visitors.

Jana and the cousins came to visit and took Lila with them to Sea World.  We love spending time with them so much, and I really appreciate them always taking Lila everywhere with them.
Alex was showing Audrey things on the iPad and she would just watch him.
 I love this picture.  Just look at those little faces...pure joy!

Landry got two teeth.  Aiden was upset that he had to leave town and didn't get to see Landry's teeth, so I had to take a picture and text it to him.
That same week, we also had visits from Blue Papa, who was in town for a conference and Nana who was staying the weekend with Natalie, and Oomma who took Lila to her first concert.  They went to see The Texas Tenors at the Palmer Events Center, and spent the night in a hotel. 
The next week Lila went to Bible School.  My neighbors helped teach the vacation Bible school at their church and they took her and brought her home every day.  We love the Ellis family so much.  They are wonderful people and we are very blessed to have them right next door for all these years.
Here is Lila performing at the Bible School ice cream social.  She was a little nervous at first, but then she wanted to go on stage with Mrs. Laura.  She was so proud of herself and, of course,  I was proud, too.
Mom got to have a night out.  
Very lucky to have all these ladies in my life.  This is a group of my co-workers and former co-workers, who try to get together once a month.  First of all, I am lucky that I like what I do for a living, and I have a good job.  Not everyone can say that.  Second, I am blessed to have these women in my life.  We have been through births, death, sickness, health, marriages, divorces, good times and bad together...and we still like each other (most of the time).

Then I got a big surprise at work.  I was standing there, when these two ladies walked in.  This is Janet and Claire.  They are former co-workers who are now semi-retired, but remain two of my favorite people, and it is always a treat to see them...and they brought me these quilts they made; one for each of my girls!
We finally got out the splash pad.  All the girls had a great time (and drank a lot of water!)
It seems lately, everyday I hear a story from someone, and I am reminded how fortunate I am to have had such a great twin pregnancy, and how blessed we are that these two babies were born so healthy and happy.  They are amazing little creatures
 Lila learned how to swing all by herself...
and she learned how to blow bubbles (in JC Penney at Lakeline Mall with gum from Chuy's)
and, I finally had time to get a pedicure (my first one since January 10th).  A much needed pedicure that was a gift from my Mother-in-law.  

I Have Been Blessed by Martina McBride
I get kissed by the sun
Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the
Bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my
Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading your blog and looking at the pictures. God has blessed us all so very much! Thank you for sharing.

    Gran

    ReplyDelete